Sunday, April 22, 2012

The I Ching Oracle


The I Ching is an oriental book of prophecy. It dates back thousands of years, in fact it is the oldest book in existence. Confucius held it in such high regard that he said, "If I had another 50 years added to my life I would spend it studying the I Ching so that at last I might be made free from error." 

"I Ching" means "The Changes" and the book describes all the changes possible in the human experience and divides them into 64 situations, such as Creating, Completing, Waiting etc.. It describes each situation and how it will evolve - change - and  then advises how one should behave in such circumstances. By then following this guidance one can come to live in harmony with all that is.

 If you care to consult the I Ching, you begin by asking a question and tossing 3 coins 6 times. The way the coins land - heads or tails - indicates which of the 64 possible pictures applies to you. It's like getting a snapshot of your situation. Then it is up to you to interpret how the image relates to your question.. For example, you might ask, "What is the potential of my relationship?" You would then toss your coins six times. The six tosses result in a series of 6 lines, solid or broken depending on whether you got heads or tails. This series is called a hexagram. There are 64 possible hexagrams. Let's say you asked your question and tossed your coins and received the pattern for hexagram 22. Grace. This hexagram describes friends on vacation gathered around a campfire fire beneath a mountain. This is is a lovely image but it is describing a moment that cannot last, eventually one will have to return to the everyday world. The answer to your question, "What is the potential of my relationship?" is the I Ching is cautioning you to be sure the romance is not unrealistic. It maybe a lovely fantasy. However, if you received hexagram 53. Courtship, with it's image of two love birds building a nest, then without a doubt the I Ching is encouraging you that your partnership can grow into something long term. This is what I like so much about the I Ching  Unlike astrology where you have ten different planets and all their conflicting tendancies to take into consideration or tarot where you have 78 cards to worry about, the I Ching gives you one clear image and tells you exactly what the answer is! 

Most people if they have heard of the I Ching at all, only know it as an oracle. They have their specific questions and they only need to read their specific hexagrams for their answers. They may never choose to look at it more deeply. Some of us however catch the bug and like Confucius long to read it cover to cover, over and over in hopes we may eventually live a life of greater consciousness and deeper harmony.

I have been "into" the I Ching for over forty years. I am hoping that by writing about it here perhaps you, Dear Reader!, will be inspired to look into this book that is so much more than an oracle. It's really a Handbook for Life.

This week the sun has moved into the sign Taurus where it will eventually be meeting up with Jupiter, the planet of foreign cultures and philosophy. An excellent time for taking up the study of the I Ching!
 
Tally Ho!
Rosada

 
--
Rosada, EXT 2340
CertifiedPsychics.com



--
Rosada, EXT 2340
CertifiedPsychics.com

3 comments:

  1. So true, and what’s perhaps even more devastating is that there’s been so little support to help the community rebuild.
    live psychic

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saturn and Venus will be in a very fortunate sextile at the end of August. I feel we'll be seeing some fair and solid commitments between people and groups of people being negotiated successfully then. It's a ways off though so we need to leave options open and make only short term agreements for the present.

    Thanks for writing,
    Rosada

    ReplyDelete
  3. I to am getting into the I Ching. I like your perspective on this form of divination. And the quote from Confucius from the beginning sites the tone of your article nicely. I feel the same way he does!
    Psychic clairvoyant

    ReplyDelete