Sunday, May 5, 2013

Tapping Into Power.


Isn't the power of focused attention amazing? Last week I wrote about affirmations. This week I've discovered a whole book on the subject is topping the The New York Times Best Seller list! "The Tapping Solution" takes doing affirmations to a whole new level by combining speaking affirmations with tapping different parts of the body. There's more to it than that but it's still pretty simple: Tap all around your eyes, mouth, neck, chest, underarm and the fleshy side of your hand while stating first what it is you don't like about your current situation and then say, "I still totally and completely accept myself." For example, as I have been working on getting my driver's license a suitable affirmation for me according to this method would be, "Even though I don't have a license I still totally and completely accept myself" The idea is that we must first accept the situation as it is before we can change it. Kinda like you have to first get into the car before you can drive it. I intend to try this technique because as you will see, I haven't gotten my Learner's Permit yet but first I want to report to you the results of my own affirmation experiment of last week.

If you read last week's column you know that I am wanting to start driving again. I've driven in the past but I did not renew my license when my husband I moved to a mountain top in Washington about ten years ago. We had sold our car and bought a 4 wheel drive truck - perfect for snow country but too big and scary for me. Since there was no place I wanted to go and my husband was always there to drive if we needed to travel to town, I let my license lapse and decided to enjoy life in the slow lane. I didn't  miss driving and indeed I had so many pleasant adventures on foot I even thought about writing a book, "Life Within Walking Distance," all about the delightful and bizarre experiences I've had just taking things one step at a time. Last year however my husband passed away and I decided to leave our  mountain cabin and move back to my home state of California. While I think I could continue to navigate without wheels here, I've decided it would be good to at least have the option to drive if I ever want to. So I set out to re-activate my license which meant first getting a Learner's Permit and getting a permit meant taking a test. Auuugh! Every time I went to the DMV there was a long line or else it was just closed. I really was starting to think this was somehow A Sign that I wasn't meant to drive. But just as I was mulling over that discouraging thought I heard several people talking about how they too were having frustrating experiences getting their licenses renewed so that too seemed to be A Sign, a sign a lot of people were having the same problem and that I shouldn't give up. So that's when I decided I needed some extra energy on the situation and posted my affirmation here. I declared and decreed that I would have a Learner's Permit by the end of last week! Here's what happened...

Things started out very well - amazingly well. On Monday I had no trouble scheduling an appointment to take the test on Wednesday. On Tuesday my neighbor came over and asked would I be interested in buying her car? I had never met this woman before but she had noticed I always walked. It seems she is planning to move to Hawaii at the end of the month and thought I might be able to use her car. She offered me a very fair price and I immediately said yes. Now I really had incentive to get my license! Then just as we were discussing the possibilities another neighbor came by and insisted that she would help prepare me for the driving test. We all jumped into her car and headed out of town where I spent about an hour going up and down dirt roads getting familiar with being behind a wheel again. I had no trouble and we all had a grand time laughing and reminiscing about how each of us had first learned to drive. I came home confident and ready to take The Test.

And then..changes. My son called Wednesday morning just as I was heading out the door to the DMV. I won't go into all the details here, but the gist of what he was calling to tell me was that for tax purposes I need to maintain my status as a Washington resident for another couple of months. Getting a California Driver's Learner's Permit could make me appear to be a California resident and jeprodize that status. How did he know to call just then? The last time we'd talked he was urging me to get my license and I was telling him I had sworn off driving forever and yet here he was calling at the exact moment I was about to change all that. Anyway, long story short, I decided this call too was a sign and rather than stubbornly insisting upon having things my own way I decided to postpone getting the permit until July.

So what do we learn from this? I haven't sorted it all out yet, but I think I'm seeing a very interesting example of personal will versus Divine Will. Or maybe not "versus", more like an example of aligning one's own will with the greater flow. I didn't manifest my intention, that is, I didn't get my permit by the end of last week, but I think I got a lot closer to it - a car and a driving lesson! Plus I could have gotten it but I CHOSE not to continue which I think is an important consideration. Bottomline, I think making the affirmation got me focused and got my energy moving. The real test now will be if I follow through and get the permit next month - or do I just keep manifesting excuses?

Stay tuned,
Rosada

--
Rosada, EXT 2340
CertifiedPsychics.com

No comments:

Post a Comment