Sunday, March 16, 2014

The Law of Attraction Repealed?


Does the Law of Attraction really work? Is it true that what we put our attention on we attract more of and that by consciously focusing on what we want we draw it to us? Lately I've been noticing a lot of comments of the "Been there, done that, didn't work" variety, meaning people seem to have become disenchanted with the idea we can control our experience by our mental attitude and instead are sinking into feelings of discouragement and powerlessness as the world apparently continues on a path of self distraction. I think we could all use a quick review of the principle and some examples of how this law does work and how we can harness it to our benefit.

The Law of Attraction is the idea that we are all vibrating at a specific individual frequency. Just as a radio can only pick up the signal it is tuned to, we can only experience those things that are on a vibration similar to our own - in fact, it is our own vibration that determines if an event is going to be positive or negative. Thus the idea that if a person is optimistic and looks for the best, the situation will evolve to conform to this belief and become good. Likewise a neutral situation will turn negative when experienced by negative people. The Law of Attraction would advise that WHATEVER happens in your life, pronounce it good and inevitably you will see and recognize that things have indeed happened for the best. Furthermore if there are things which one simply cannot see as good, it is best to completely ignore them. Vibration-wise, being in denial is a better state than being in depression.

Is this Pollyanna attitude helpful or harmful? Could it lead to trouble? I think of the story of the wife who frantically calls the doctor asking for help for her husband. The doctor calmly replies, "Now Dear, your husband only THINKS he's sick." She calls back a half hour later saying, "Well, now he thinks he's dead."

But seriously Folks, what does happen when we resolve to look for the best in everything? And by the way, I recently listened to Pollyanna which is available without charge at booksshouldbefree.com. It was terrific! Pollyanna must be one of the first NewAge philosophy manuals. It's the story of a little girl who transforms a whole town of grumpy people into warm hearted friends simply by playing The Glad Game which means finding a reason to be glad no matter what. I strongly recommend it - it's a good read and it brings these affirmation ideas to life.

 But back to our topic. My experience has been that while initially when we say "It's a good thing" if we don't really mean that then our thoughts spring back with all the reasons why it's not a good thing at all. So you can't force-feed your brain. However, if I ask myself, "How is this situation serving me?" my mind does tend to show me benefits I might not have recognized before. For example, last weekend I attended an astrology conference where the main astrologer gave readings to the members of the audience to demonstrate his techniques. I very much wanted to be chosen and did all sorts of visualizations to draw this experience to me. I even tried jumping up and down with joy in my motel room to program my body to find the vibration of joy I anticipated I would feel if my name were called at the lecture. Well, my name was not selected. BUT then the speaker began doing the reading for the lady whose name had been chosen. So as I sat down and this other woman came forward I asked myself, "How is this chain of events serving me?" OMG, while she had to stand there in stunned silence he publically dissected her chart - and her life! - for everyone to hear. Actually, she seemed to enjoy the attention but I know I would have been miserable. So you might say I did experience the vibration of joy - but only because I did not get what I thought I wanted. What does this tell us about the Law of Attraction? What I get from it is that the feeling trumps the thinking. It is your feeling, not your thinking, that creates your vibration. Staying focused on the thing that makes you happy will attract more happiness - but not necessarily the thing you were focusing on.

The other thing I think is important to recognize as we work with this law is that we have to make room in our lives for the change we are asking for. So often people will ask for things they couldn't possibly put to use. A friend told me how much she wished she could see the Rose Parade. It just so happened I knew someone had two front row tickets to the parade and they weren't going to be able to use. I could get them for her with a phone call! Was my friend happy? Nope. She had other plans for New Year's and didn't want to change them! This really hit me like a bolt of enlightenment. If you're going to ask for a miracle, you better be willing to accept it when it comes true!

Finally, I think people get confused with The Law of Attraction and think their prayer will be magically answered like God has waved a magic wand. If you ask to lose weight you don't (usually) wake up the next morning 10 pounds thinner, but you may hear of an exercise club or maybe your car won't start and you have to start walking! 

When people tell me they don't believe the Law of Attraction works I have to sadly admit it probably won't work - for them, since that is their belief. But if you are willing to give it a chance - willing to suspend disbelief for 72 hours! - I believe you'll attract proof that it does.

It's a good thing,
Rosada


--
Rosada, EXT 2340
CertifiedPsychics.com



--
Rosada, EXT 2340
CertifiedPsychics.com

No comments:

Post a Comment