Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Are you a REAL psychic?

Twenty years ago when I first began doing readings over the phone, it was not unusual for curious callers to start by asking me if I were "a real psychic." I always puzzled about how to answer that question. What would be a satisfying answer? Should I mention how started out as a child talking to animals? How I later studied astrology and feng shui with the finest teachers? Do people want to know about my work communicating with loved ones who had passed on? I could give examples of all these things.. And yet...I  too had this vague wondering, was I really psychic or maybe just crazy? Well this week I got my answers once and for all.
 
The adventure started last Tuesday when a neighbor sought me out asking if I could help by communicating with her chickens. It seems they had stopped laying and she didn't know why. The chickens by the way belonged to her four year old grand daughter, Sonia, who had named them, appropriately, Sonia I and Sonia II. The neighbor suspected the birds were passed laying age and had brought in two new chickens, Rockie and Rhonda (two Rhode Island Reds) to keep production going. She noted that the two Sonia's had seemed very stand offish and she felt they weren't being very nice or welcoming to the new girls in town. Well as I had never read for chickens before I figured it would be good if I could meet them before trying to tune in on them intuitively. So I went over to the neighbor's yard to say hello in person. When I entered the enclosed yard and hen house area my neighbor had constructed for them it was easy to see you didn't even have to be a psychic to know there was trouble in paradise. Sonia I and Sonia II were isolated by themselves in one corner and Rocki and Rhonda had teamed up opposite them. They seemed to be very intentionally ignoring each other. "Hello Ladies," I silently vibed to them. Oh my, that's all it took. They all started complaining to me immediately. I wish we had videoed the conversation because as I relaid to my friend what was being said the chickens very obviously began physically acting it out. "The new ones get all the attention and they are trying to take over" said one of the old hens fluffing her feathers and stamping her foot. "The Sonias make us sleep outside!" complained the new ones now pointing their beaks at the offending birds. And on it went. Boy, I had never understood before what was meant by a "pecking order" but I sure do now. I advised my friend to give more strokes to the Sonias and to not fuss so much over the new ones in their presence. I also recommended  creating a separate sleeping quarters for Rocki and Rhonda.
This morning I stopped by to see how the family was fairing. Rather well, it turned out. The neighbor had built a second hen house for the two Sonias because Rockie and Rhonda had successfully kicked them out of the old one. (That was a validation that there was indeed a power struggle going on - and the Sonias were not the ones who started it!) However, the hens were still not laying eggs regularly. Yet that morning Sonia 1 actually did lay an egg. My neighbor gave it to me saying it was obviously a gift from Sonia for my efforts in her behalf! I was delighted to accept it - I tell folks now I'm a real psychic and I've got the eggs to prove it! 
 
My next issue / illumination had to do with wondering what to tell folks when they ask about your credentials. Sure you can tell them where you studied and who your teachers were, but in this field not many people on the outside would recognize the difference between claiming you studied with Edgar Casey or just saying you were born with a gift - and I'm not sure it matters as long as the reader is able to tell you things that are true. So, even though I have all the fancy certificates, I never know whether they should be used to count for anything or not. Well last night I got the best degree ever: My daughter called saying she had helped a girl friend find her lost ring. She had shown the friend the special tip I taught my her: When you lose something, jump up and down and shout, "I found it! I found it!" You do that to put yourself on the same feeling tone you would be on if you really had indeed found the ring. Within minutes you will remember where it is. Well, my daughter shared this with her friend, the girl tried it and not only found the ring but also called my daughter back to tell her she was a REAL psychic. My kid smiled and said she had the best credentials - she learned it from Mom. ;-)
 
Finally, many of you have called me to connect with loved ones who have passed on. We've had some beautiful conversations and you have told me that the messages that have come through have been meaningful and healing. Still, a part of me always wonders, if I can do this for others why can't I do this for myself - a common problem for readers. Well this morning just before I fully awoke my grandmother appeared to me. She was dressed to the hilt, not at all like the comfy kitchen grammie I remembered, but I was quite young when she died. She smiled at me and just said, "Now you know." Then I fully woke up. I shared this experience with my sister, particularly describing my grandmother's sophisticated outfit including a weird fur boa she wore around her neck. My sister immediately recognized what I was describing, "That was Grandma's mink fur collar! I still have it!' She darted off to the attic and brought back these two minks complete with heads and feet -stylish back in the forties - that Grandma had kept tucked away but never wore. I'm just so pleased she put them on this once to let me know I'm a real psychic!
 
What I am trying to say with all this soul searching this week, Dear Reader!, is that in life we may not ever get that ultimate-now-you-know-definitely-and-for-sure-for-all-time validation that we're good at what we do or that our boyfriend loves us unconditionally, still we can get little perks along the way and follow them like stepping stones through a swamp. Saturn is trining all the planets in Gemini this month and it's purpose is to give us information in small bits, small crumbs and yes, validation that we're on the right path. So follow the lead that comes to you and please know I think you are fabulous for reading my blog - and that comes from a REAL psychic.
 
Call me or post questions here.
Talk to you soon,
Rosada

--
Rosada, EXT 2340
CertifiedPsychics.com

No comments:

Post a Comment