Monday, January 30, 2012

Famous Psychics Throughout History

 Maybe it's because I was born under the sign Cancer, the sign that rules history, but I love reading autobiographies. I especially enjoy learning about psychics and particularly about how they first became aware of their abilities. Many claim to have been born with them, only realizing as adults that not everyone played with "imaginary friends" who told them the future. There are also stories of people who became readers after accidents and near-death experiences. And then, like so many of us, there are folks out there who don't really consider themselves "psychic" but from time to time they've had something extraordinary happen, like getting a strong hunch that proved to be accurate or hearing a voice or seeing a vision. I love these sorts of true adventure stories and indeed I find I am a better reader myself after I've spent some time studying those who have them. I think this is because we become one with the people we think about.

Perhaps the most well known natural psychic of our modern era is Edgar Casey. He was known as The Sleeping Prophet because of his ability to put himself into a sleep-like meditative state during which he claimed to be able to access knowledge about many things and especially about healing. He gave thousands of readings which were faithfully recorded by his wife and so today we have a huge library of his recommendations for curing all sorts of ailments using mostly natural remedies. I first became familiar with Casey when I was about eight. I was very sick and so my mother put me to bed with a book about him and our pet cat. I didn't understand all I read about his technique but I got the general idea I could be healed in my sleep. That night I asked The Universe to heal me. I had a dream where in I was shown I was allergic to the cat! The next morning we got rid of the cat, I got well and I've been interested in psychics ever since.

Harriet Tubman was a famous psychic who came by her abilities through a head trauma. Actually Harriet is primarily remembered for her work guiding slaves to freedom with her Underground Railroad. What is not so widely known is that Harriet relied on her Guardian Angels to tell her when it was safe to travel and what paths to take. She first started being visited by the angels after suffering a head injury when her owner threw a two pound metal block at her giving her a concussion. While she was knocked out angels appeared to her and told her she had a mission to free the slaves and ultimately she led 1000 to freedom and never lost a "train" or a single "passenger". Indeed, in one account I read she even arranged to meet with Lincoln and relaid to him the message she had received from her spirit guides: The war between the states would not be won until all the slaves were freed! A month later he issued The Emancipation Proclamation and a few months after that the South surrendered. 

 A similar experience of an injury leading to a revelation is recorded in the Bible where Saul of Tarsus was struck by lightening and couldn't see for three days. When he recovered he reported Jesus appeared to him asking, "Why do you persecute me?" Saul immediately abandoned his life of persecuting Christians and became Paul and spent the rest of his life spreading the gospel. .

 I have a friend who became a wide open psychic when he accidentally picked up a frayed electrical cord that was lying in water. A couple of thousand volts of electricity surged through him not only burning off all his hair and eyebrows but leaving him as sensitive as a raw egg without a shell. That's getting to be psychic the hard way! For months he inwardly felt everything going on around him and indeed, he couldn't even read a book because he would pick up on the state of the author. I once saw him burst into tears reading a geometry textbook! We later learned this was just at the time the author was going through a divorce and most likely very sad..

Now if you didn't grow up with an imaginary friend and you don't care to set your hair on fire now, is there some way you can develop psychic abilities even as an adult? I believe it's possible. When people ask me if I have a special psychic gift I say my gift is my interest. Because I am so interested in psychic abilities and phenomenon I pay attention to them and where attention goes, energy flows. As you notice the little signals - the green lights, the "chills of confirmation" - and look to understand what they might mean, I know you will find yourself receiving insights. Understanding the signs is kind of like learning to think in a foreign language. Just keep being aware of them and lo, it wont be long before you'll just know what the signs are saying and soon you'll find you've become a Famous Psychic yourself!

Thanks for reading me - I look forward to reading you!
Rosada

P.S. Astrological tip for the week: The moon will be trining Saturn on Wednesday and Thursday. Simple agreements could launch long time partnerships.




--
Rosada, EXT 2340
CertifiedPsychics.com

No comments:

Post a Comment