Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Easter Story


We were living in Berkley when there were quite a number of street people around who made their living "spare changing it" on each corner. A simple walk down the street was more like running a gauntlet as you couldn't go more than a block without some needy soul asking for a handout. For someone like myself who doesn't drive this was a nerve wracking and expensive situation! There was one fellow there, however, who I didn't mind helping out with a quarter when I had it. We called him The Broom because he patrolled his block carrying a broom which he used to make sure every scrap and stray leaf stayed off the sidewalk. When he then asked you for change you didn't feel he was begging, you felt you were giving him a tip for providing a useful service. From time to time I would give him something and one Easter he gave a special gift to me.

The Broom had gotten a hold of an electric coffee pot and had somehow gotten it to heat up (I don't know how he did that. Maybe there was an outlet outside one of the buildings or maybe a shopkeeper let him run a cord through a window). He boiled water in the thing and dyed Easter eggs! What a kick! He passed them out to his "regulars" and I was delighted to be so honored.

The gesture got me thinking. Eggs are a good source of nutrition.
They only cost about tem cents apiece raw but markets charge five or ten times that much for hard boiled. Giving a street person a hard boiled egg is like giving them a dollar! And it only cost me a dime! Plus it would be fun!

I began boiling eggs and carrying a supply with me when I went out. People were at first kinda puzzled by my offering but they were always grateful, started greeting me with smiles and I became less anxious in this concrete city. In a couple of days I had friends up and down the avenue. Well, maybe not "friends," but at least good vibrations. 

Then I took it up a notch. I have a set of Angel cards. Maybe you've seen them? These little cards are about the size of Chinese cookie fortunes but instead of a whole fortune written on them there is just one word like "Education" or "Forgiveness" or "Opportunity!" The idea is that you pick a card and the word you receive is a message from your Guardian Angel guiding you as to what you should focus on to move forward.  I started writing one of these words on each of the eggs. This led to conversations and I began hearing some amazing stories. People told me that after eating these eggs with the special words on their shells unusual and positive things  happened in their lives! It was as if the egg fueled the thought written on the shell. Wow! These experiences gave me a whole new appreciation for saying grace at meal time - and also the importance of my mother's old axiom, "No fighting at the dinner table!" Our food takes on the energy we put into it, and then guides us to find more of the same. 

We lived in Berkeley for several more years after this. The street population ebbed and flowed. Just recently I returned for a visit and learned there had been a major clean up campaign and all the street people had been effectively removed. I wish they had been given brooms instead.

Have a blessed Easter,
Rosada

IMPORTANT DATES TO BE AWARE OF THIS WEEK:

Saturday April 23:
Mercury turns direct. Time for an attitude adjustment. 
Percolating ideas starting to steam!

Easter Sunday April 24:
The sun is in Taurus, the sign of Mother Nature. Honor her with flowers and chocolate.

Manifestation Monday April 25:
Affirmations made on the last new moon manifest on today's three quarter moon. What were you wishing for? Today's the day to see the results - or something better. 

Please call me for a personal analysis of how to make these opportunities work for you!





-- 
Rosada, EXT 2340
CertifiedPsychics.com

No comments:

Post a Comment